Tuesday 1 March 2011

REME Museum of Technology

REME stands for The Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.

And so we went, to look at army thingimagigs. And I tried to look interested. I did. Honest.

There were uniform thingies. And gun thingies. And vehicle thingies. See, I was paying attention. And ds1 was so intrigued and distracted by machines of death-thingies that I even got him on camera. The lesser hooded pre-teen finch. Need to mark that down in my spotter's guide.

Photos of thingies:










I feel that the photo below should have a funny caption attached to it. But I'm not witty enough to think of anything.








Then we had lunch and we ate hula hoops and cheese and onion rolls for lunch and I drunk coca cola and I really liked the Penguin finger biscuits we took with us and we had fun and it was good and then we went home. The End.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Funny. I'm just not getting the disinterested vibe from your writing. :-P

Big mamma frog said...

lol. Personally I'd have chosen to go to a wool shop or a garden centre. But us home educators sometimes have to put our own wishes aside... :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is making me miss the home ed. days! It's lovely. As you say home edders have to put their wishes aside, but remember it doesn't last forever. Enjoy! And thanks for supporting my blog - nice to hear from you. BWs Ross

Young at Heart said...

no no.....that's got to be more fun than a garden centre!!

Big mamma frog said...

Nah! Garden Centre would get my vote any day. Plants to fantasise about AND a coffee shop to sit in for hours. What more could a gal want?