Monday 7 March 2011

Soul of sunday : A well oiled machine

Life should be a well-oiled machine.

I'm sure someone famous said that. Or they should have.

In my case life goes along in a sort of grindy-crunchy-stop-start-rattly-lets-hope-noone-notices-the-bits-that-are-falling-off machine. My well-neglected and frequently sworn-at sewing machine is an ongoing metaphor for my days. I call it THE BEAST. (Anyone who knows me knows that I call all machines that frustrate me THE BEAST). This weekend I finally took the time to take it apart and oil it.

So this is my Soul of Sunday photo:




(linked to soul of sunday post on ordinarylifemagic blog here)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the oiling tame the BEAST or did you loving care lead you to an affinity with it? My offer of BEAST taming is open if it didn't!

Big mamma frog said...

The BEAST and I are are back on speaking terms. And...I even made a pair of knickers over the weekend!

I'm not sure how long the relationship will last.

(my word verification was 'motifixi' - how appropriate!)

Stephanie said...

I had a day like that not too long ago with my son's computer... literally took the keyboard apart and scrubbed it with a bristle brush and soap and water! :)
we're much more friendly, now!
(though my children are surprised that i'm still "no food on the computer"ing them.

hmmph. I don't know Why they're surprised.

MadameSmokinGun said...

I have many 'The Beast's.