Tuesday 29 June 2010

Some Changes

As regulars will have noticed I've made a few changes to my blog.

It wasn't entirely intentional. I made the mistake of trying out a few of the new templates that blogger invited me to... why not, I thought...and then I found that those templates screwed up my main photo (the background of the blog title). So I thought I would change back to my original template, except that I couldn't because it appears not to exist any more(?).

So then I spent the afternoon fiddling with the few templates on offer, altering font size/colour and background and photo sizes etc etc, until eventually I got to something that didn't look like a psychedelic swirly bubbly scene out of 'Charlie and The Chocolate Factory' . And then I realised I had about 20 windows open because each time I edited the darn thing it opened yet another window. So I clicked 'save' only to realise that I'd clicked it on the wrong window. Sure it had saved, but it had saved the very first version that I'd created and I had to go through the whole process all over again! And this was after I told the boys I didn't want them on the computer today because when they get on there they spend all afternoon on it. Ho hum...

Blogger is annoying me. Why, to edit the various gadgets on my layout, do I have to click on to 'template', then click on 'back to blogger'? Whose idea was that? And why in the 'advance' bit of 'template' does it not let you do anything whatsoever advanced? I wanted to put a bit of text to one side of my blog title/picture. Could I? No! It all has to be put exactly where blogger wanted you to put it. And yes, I know I should learn html and then I'd probably be able to do all of these things. But life is short and I'd rather spend it wisely: like drinking wine, eating chocolate and shouting at the dog.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! Yes I know your frustrations having a similar experience last week.
Too traumatised to go back and do anything with mine at the mo:-)

Big mamma frog said...

Oh and I think those birds in the right hand corner are starting to get on my wotsits.

Perhaps it's my country upbringing but I keep having the urge to take pot shots at them.

globeonmytable said...

I fell into the trap of trying out the new templates and couldn't get my old look back. Maybe I'll now just refuse to try new versions of anything.

Now I know why mice get caught in traps. They are intelligent and curious and haven't been trapped before.

Carol said...

Well I rather like the new look myself :-D

Lou Archer said...

I had EXACTLY the same experience. Soooo annoying. I had to disable 'Link Within' as it screwed with the template. Grrrr

Yours looks great, mine does not....

xx