Wednesday 5 August 2009

What do you have on your table?

Perhaps you have this...


(dd's trainers with the dog rattles stuck in them)
Or one of these...

(Triops eggs in water)
Or perhaps a few of these...


(plaster of paris moulds and brooches)
And how about several of these....
(Airfix model planes)
Not forgetting one of these...
(Quartz crystals and a potassium salt solution to grow crystals)
Plus the pieces of one of these...
( a semi-dismantled remote controlled car)
And then perhaps a few items from the leaning tower of junk shelves...
And perhaps you have all of it on your table at the same time and it might start to look like this...
As you can tell, we've had a busy day...plaster of paris, airfix models, setting up a triops tank, starting a crystal kit, taking apart a remote-controlled car (plus reading out a few chapters of 'Dragon in the Cliff', driving out to see if we could buy some fertile chicken eggs, baking pizzas and bread and trying to sort out the shelves in the conservatory). I'm shattered! So much for a quiet day at home!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking things apart was one of my favourite things to do as a child, and R's quite keen on it too. Looks like a brilliant day! :)

Carol said...

The success of a HE day is always directly proportionate to the amount of mess at the end of it!! That's as long as your nerves can take it!

Problem I find is where do you have dinner......?

globeonmytable said...

Oooh, I like your house!

Lynn said...

What a great day! I love the shoes with dog rattles in:-)

One daylast week I went into the dining room and my heart sank at the "mess" on the table but as I began tidying I started to see what had been going on during the day,little snapshots of the activity that had taken place,and by the time I had finished my grumpiness had been extinguished.xx

Big mamma frog said...

I think I only have the stamina for days like this once a month! Today 'nice interactive mummy' left the viccinity and I spent the afternoon narking at the kids about the mess and complaining how much they bicker with each other. (I think the kids were reassured that everything was back to normal).

Dinner on our laps again tonight cos the table is still out of action!

Sam said...

That's my kind of table ;-)