Friday 7 September 2012

It's 9.10 am in The Chicken Shed household...

...and I've had a physiotherapy appointment, the kids have done their morning chores, have made their own packed lunch in preparation for chess club, have completed a few pages of tick-box maths and writing, as well as some logic problems from their daily folders, (ds1 has read the rest of a chapter on metals for IGCSE chemistry) and now they are taking turns to race down our shared drive in their home-made go-kart.







I take a moment to wonder what the neighbours are thinking as they see my ragamuffin bunch hurtling down the driveway in a plastic crate fixed to a skateboard.

Ok.

Moment over.

Let's get on with enjoying the day :)

Update: 9.31 am and ds1 has just come in for a tape measure to help calculate how many kilometres per hour their go-kart is travelling.

'How many metres in a kilometer?' he asks (and I reply).

'Oh that's good.' he says, and off he goes.

Update: 10.26 am.  apparently 22mph, according to their calculations on  http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/speed. Meanwhile, ds2 is teaching himself to crochet. We discuss 'freeform' crochet, when he explains how he'd like to experiment. Their lift for chess club is due any time. Dd is about to go on minecraft (waiting patiently for me to get off the pc)

2 comments:

Anne B said...

As always, love the pictures and the spontaneity. Hope the physio wasn't anything serious

Kim said...

I love the way you write Nichola! Just made me laugh as you had your moments pause wondering what the neighbours think of your kids as they whizz down the drive on their go-cart. I so often wish I was a fly on the wall in the neighbours houses! x